Containerized Development Packages
To enable teams of people to build and maintain their own infrastructure, L&Q has developed a series of mobile, containerized equipment configurations to address specific infrastructure requirements. Containerized Development Packages – CDPs – include all of the tools, equipment, and products necessary to implement projects such as:
· Creating hardened and waterproof road surfaces for unpaved roads
· Maintaining un-surfaced roads
· Building structures with Compressed Earthen Block (CEB)
· Developing cool storage facilities for agriculture
· Building cisterns for water storage
· Conserving and channeling water for farm irrigation
· Erecting radio reception towers, transmitters, and receivers, video equipment and sensors
· Mobile clinics that include modern medical equipment
CDP components, to meet the functional objectives outlined above, are engineered to fit into 17-foot, mobile trailers that can be shipped in a 20-foot freight container anywhere in the world.
Expeditionary Base Camp
- Provide the materials and equipment necessary to construct buildings from Compressed Earthen Block (CEB) using cost-effective construction methods and design.
- Provide the materials and equipment necessary to construct roads and hardstands using soil addititves.
- Employ local unskilled labor for soil excavation, preparation, block setting, and soil waterproofing