Geospatial Area Estimates
L&Q can quickly provide cost estimates using Google Earth images, saving the time and expense of a site visit. Please contact us if you have any questions about the process. The steps are:
- The client determines the area to be treated and finds the area on Google Earth.
- The client captures the image of the area and emails it to L&Q. The image will be used to prepare the cost estimate and product recommendations.
- Once the image has been sent to L&Q an L&Q team member will work with you to determine:
- The areas to be treated - length and width
- The anticipated usage
- Other relevant factors such as type of soil, ground water, nearby streams and anticipated rainfall
- Based on the discussion L&Q will annotate the image with the areas to be treated, the exact dimensions and the recommended products
- The L&Q team member will then email the image and contact you to review it and the recommendations.
- Any needed changes will be made and a revised image will be sent back for final review.
- Once the assumptions on the revised image are approved L&Q will generate a proposal with product recommendations and costs.